Friday, November 6, 2009

My Winning Post at Indusladies.com

Hey, would like to share my winning post at Indusladies.com.


22 October 1999-
It was 6 in the morning when the phone bell rang. I knew it was Varun, my best friend. Our friendship was just an year old but there was something that made him special. I was 16 then and even in that age of infatuation, I was sure about my feelings. However, my expression was waiting for him and my heart said that today was that special day as we were supposed to meet at a school farewell party on the same evening.

"So what do you want today as a gift from me?" He asked me on the phone. His question was like God asking to wish something. "A rose" I could only say; expecting a message of love through a red color rose.

Time passed quite fast thinking about the evening and finally I was in between of loud music, boys and girls on dance floor, vibrant laughter and aroma of delicious food. In that crowded venue, my eyes were searching for him and my red rose. While I was lost in my thoughts, I heard somebody calling my name from behind and as i turned around, I saw him waving at me. He approached me with a smile on his face but my smile faded, as I did not see any rose in his hand; let alone the red one.
My heart sank, but he had no expression of any regret. I cursed myself for my over expectations and attended the party with a heavy heart.

Since it was late evening, Varun offered me a drop and I could not say no. While we were on the way, he stopped the car and said " I saw a tear in your eye today and know the reason also. Forgive me for breaking your heart. I could not give you a rose today, but I will give you my commitment for being with you forever and promise to make your life as beautiful as a rose."

His words soothed my heart and to be true I thanked my stars for not getting a rose. He kept his words and till date is keeping his commitment. We are married for 4 years and have a cute, little daughter of 2 months. I just pray to God to keep us together forever and make my life rosy with my till date best friend, Varun.

Here is the link to the website
http://www.indusladies.com/forums/topic-of-the-month-contest/73457-flora2000-contest-for-october-09-a-new-post.html

3 comments:

varun said...

Oh-m-g!!...just look at it...

Hema, you've DONE-IT!! again!!
The words below appeals instantly.

Going thru this, I felt positive and good about yourself. Thanks

Undoubtly a "WINNING" entry. Keep up the good work

kkopal dhawan said...

Applauds for d lady....!!!!
congrats hema....

Jayasri Nagrale said...

Aw! Am so happy for you. I know how it feels to marry your best friend. There is nothing in the world like it. God bless both of you!